Huntington’s throwback rock reunion — Hooligans Homecoming is back for its 4th year from noon to 7 p.m. Saturday, May 25, at the V Club, 741 6th Ave., Huntington. This charity event has become an annual gathering of the original Huntington guitar heroes and metal heads from the ’80s. Each year has featured band reunions and a rotating cast of the folks who made Huntington the Metal Mecca of the region. 2018’s event featured 7 hours of music by 39 different musicians, including a surprise appearance by the incredible West Virginia native John Ellison, who wrote and first recorded Some Kind of Wonderful. Admission is canned food for the Facing Hunger Food Bank, or donations for Little Victories.
The fourth annual Hooligan’s Homecoming
- Facing Hunger Foodbank Celebrates 40 years of service
- Lawmakers visit Facing Hunger Foodbank to learn, volunteer
- Volunteers paint mural on front of Facing Hunger Foodbank during United Way of the River Cities’ 2023 Week of Action
- Facing Hunger undergoes expansion, to add learning kitchen and on-site food pantry
- Gov. Justice celebrates Hunger Free West Virginia Cooler