Facing Hunger serves those who are hungry throughout the foodbank's 4,538-square-mile service area. Even though the foodbank is salvaging and distributing more food than ever before, census and poverty statistics clearly show we are a long way from meeting the need. In order to meet this goal, we have instituted more programs to obtain additional food to reach more people. One of the programs we run in order to achieve this goal is The Mobile Pantry program.
A mobile pantry is a method of direct client distribution in an organized format managed either by food bank or agency staff that utilizes a dry/refrigerated vehicle to provide food that traditional pantries do not normally accept or distribute to people in need.
Mobile Pantries are funded through food and monetary donations.
If you are interested in helping to fund or volunteer at a Mobile Pantry contact us at 304-523-6029.
Dates and Locations
Participating clients will need to bring the following items with them:
- State Issued ID
- Proof of Address
- EBT card if you receive SNAP benefits
- Registration starts at 10:30 am. Distribution shortly after once food sorting is compelted.
February 2017 Mobile Pantry Dates and Locations
March 2017 Mobile Food Pantry Dates and Locations
- February 16th- Putnam Co WV, Teays Valley Baptist Church
- February 21st- Mingo Co WV, Chattaroy Church of God
- February 23rd- Martin Co Ky, Warfield Church of God
- February 28th- Mason Co WV, Bend Area
- March 16th- Lawrence County KY, First Baptist Church of Louisa
- March 21st- Cabell County WV, Jefferson Ave Church of God
- March 28th- Martin County KY, Route 3 Independent Baptist Church
- March 30th- Putnam County WV, Winfield Church Of Nazarene
DISCLAIMER: Facing Hunger reserves the right to cancel or postpone any mobile pantry under, but not limited to, any of the following conditions: county-wide school cancellations due to weather, severe weather advisories are in place, hazardous driving conditions are imminent, etc. Verify the status of your county's mobile pantry by following us on Facebook or Twitter.