A few hours are all it takes for you to help us lead the effort to eliminate hunger in our community. It's a big mission, but working together we can make a difference. Every time you volunteer with Facing Hunger you leave knowing you have helped put food on the table of our neighbors in need. For individuals and families –the young, elderly, and people of all ages; unemployed, working, homeless and struggling middle-class families – your contribution is making a difference: Thank You!
Facing Hunger welcomes individuals and groups to work on a variety of tasks related to our mission of leading the effort to eliminate hunger.
How can you help?:
- Mobile Pantry Volunteer: Go with us into the communities we serve and distribute food to families in need.
- Pack a Backpack: Pack up assorted food and drinks that will be given to kids in the community who struggle with hunger over the weekend.
- Warehouse Assisstant: Sort and pack food in our warehouse.
- Make a Food Donation: Donate non-perishable foods! We will distribute these to the community through our multiple agencies and operations.
- Spread the Word: Tell your friends and family about Facing Hunger and encourage them to be part of the team.
All of our volunteer assignments are one of two types.
- Basic - Basic volunteer assignments are one-time shifts that require little or no advance preparation, but do require advance registration. Most groups and individuals coming to the foodbank to volunteer are in this category.
- Regular - Regular volunteer assignments are on-going engagements which can be weekly, monthly, annually or even daily. These assignments generally need some specialized skill or training and require a regular commitment to performing the tasks.
Register Now to Volunteer
If you have questions, please contact Suzanne Brady, 304-523-6029 Ext 28
Volunteer hours are Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm
Volunteers will need to bring a copy of their ID.